[Snort-users] False positives with UDP Portscan PROTO255

Orit Vidas orit at ...12437...
Tue Mar 8 11:59:14 EST 2005

Jeff and Mike,

I was wondering if you've had a chance to check out SFS (Securimine for
Snort).
SFS is distributed as a freeware and is a baseline analysis tool
designed to detect anomalies and decrease the amount of false positives.

SFS enhances your ability to detect the real threats out of all the
security alerts generated by Snort. This is done without the need to
exclude ports or signatures, as the SFS analysis engine uses
sophisticated data mining algorithms to analyze the alerts and to
compare these alerts to the "normal" behavior of your site.

The end result is a concise report that will reduce substantially the
number of groups to view and the numbers of alerts to inquire.

You can download SFS for FREE at http://www.securimine.com/download.html

You can read more about the technology at
http://www.securimine.com/baseline_wp.pdf

Best regards,
Orit Vidas
www.securimine.com