[Snort-users] Snort Center 2.x

Alex Kirk alex.kirk at ...1935...
Tue Mar 8 08:29:48 EST 2005

Jason,

I went out and got the latest copy of Snortcenter from Sourceforge
(snortcenter-release.tar.gz from 2004-12-29, to be precise) when I saw
this, so I could help you get it fixed. You'll at least need to update
$snortrules_url in config.php to add an Oinkcode and reflect the new
location, as discussed on this list by those using Oinkmaster. Just for
clarification, once you register -- which is free and easy -- you can
generate an Oinkcode for each IP that you need to download rules from
with a very simple form in the User Preferences section of the new site.

In cases where forced downloading is not enabled (i.e. there is no
"force" parameter in the URI for db_pars.php, and thus if(!$force)
succeeds on line 32 of that file), you'll also need to have an updated
MD5 download path. At the moment, we don't have a
snortrules-snapshot-2.3.tar.gz.md5 file, but that should be fixed shortly.

Alex Kirk
Research Analyst
Sourcefire, Inc.