[Snort-users] Licensing

Florin Andrei florin at ...13138...
Mon Mar 7 21:15:52 EST 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 21:53 -0500, Martin Roesch wrote:

> 3) VRT rules developed and QA'd at Sourcefire will be available for
> commercial redistribution if the commercial entity acquires a license
> from Sourcefire.

Can someone explain to a guy who used Snort long time ago but didn't
keep in touch - what are the VRT rules and how are they different from
the rest? I know they're QA'd by SF, i wonder from a practical
standpoint - what do they give me, a Snort user, that the other rules
don't?

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/