[Snort-users] Oinkmaster Problem

Basselgia, Barry A Mr (NAF Atsugi) BABasselgia at ...12104...
Mon Mar 7 17:48:23 EST 2005

Just got done registering on the new website and got my oinkmaster download
code.  But it doesn't seem to be working.

The first time I tried I got this:
Resolving www.snort.org... 199.107.65.177
Connecting to www.snort.org[199.107.65.177]:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 You must be a registered user
with a valid oink code to download this file from your IP Address
10:37:45 ERROR 403: You must be a registered user with a valid oink code to
download this file from your IP Address.

Figured out I had typed the code in wrong.  Corrected the code and now I get
this:
Resolving www.snort.org... 199.107.65.177
Connecting to www.snort.org[199.107.65.177]:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 500 Internal Server Error
10:38:58 ERROR 500: Internal Server Error.

Here is the command I'm using:
wget http://www.snort.org/pub-bin/oinkmaster.cgi/oink code
here/snortrules-snapshot-2_3.tar.gz

Not sure if I should post my oink code, but I double/triple check to make
sure I entered it right.

Barry