[SPAM] - Re: [Snort-users] New User interface question - Email found in subject

Marc Hering mhering at ...13116...
Mon Mar 7 13:01:40 EST 2005

I just replaced my ifup-eth1 script with a shell script that just says
"ifconfig eth1 up"

That way it doesn't try to get an address.....  Don't forget to shut
down IPV6 unless you need it!! :)

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Chris
McClimans
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2005 3:57 PM
To: Mike Lieberman
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [SPAM] - Re: [Snort-users] New User interface question - Email
found in subject

For monitoring interfaces I use the manual method and put the commands
in the network config ala /etc/network/interfaces. (this is probably
debian specific)

auto bond0
iface bond0 inet manual
         pre-up ifconfig eth1 up && ifconfig eth2 up && ifconfig bond0
up
         up ifenslave bond0 eth1 eth2
         down ifenslave -d bond0 eth1 eth2
         post-down ifconfig eth1 down && ifconfig eth2 down && ifconfig
bond0 down

auto eth3
iface eth3 inet manual
         up ifconfig eth3 up