[SPAM] - [Snort-users] Snort not logging all packets - Email found in subject

Marc Hering mhering at ...13116...
Mon Mar 7 11:46:04 EST 2005

Are you logging into the console? Or via an SSH session?

________________________________

From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of sEc nErD
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2005 2:41 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [SPAM] - [Snort-users] Snort not logging all packets - Email
found in subject

Hi all,

I am runnning snort on a fedora box and i started with a doubt that it
is not logging all the packets.
I checked it with tcp dump and when i stop tcpdump i see 90% of the
packets being dropped by the kernel.
When i see /var/log/messages
i see the below error for both sniffing interfaces

OpenPcap() device eth0 network lookup:  ^Ieth0: no IPv4 address assigned

I checked the version of libpcap running it is
 " libpcap-0.8.3-3 "
Output of # uname -a

Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.5-1.358smp #1 SMP Sat May 8 09:25:36 EDT
2004 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

If anybody could help me on this i would really appreciate it.
thanks all,
kaps

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!
<http://birthday.yahoo.com/netrospective/>