[Snort-users] Snort not logging all packets

sEc nErD umkcguy1978 at ...131...
Mon Mar 7 11:41:49 EST 2005

Hi all,

I am runnning snort on a fedora box and i started with a doubt that it is not logging all the packets.
I checked it with tcp dump and when i stop tcpdump i see 90% of the packets being dropped by the kernel.
When i see /var/log/messages
i see the below error for both sniffing interfaces

OpenPcap() device eth0 network lookup:  ^Ieth0: no IPv4 address assigned

I checked the version of libpcap running it is
 " libpcap-0.8.3-3 "
Output of # uname -a

Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.5-1.358smp #1 SMP Sat May 8 09:25:36 EDT 2004 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

If anybody could help me on this i would really appreciate it.
thanks all,
kaps