[Snort-users] snort v2.3 and flowbits?

Rich Adamson radamson at ...2127...
Sat Mar 5 18:52:15 EST 2005

I know that I just read something on this list in the past few days
relative to too many flowbit rules for snort to handle, but now I
can't find any references in the archives.

After using oinkmaster to update both the snort and bleeding snort
rules today, snort v2.3 now fails to start (on win32 system). After
commenting out several rules in backdoor.rules, it now starts.

If I recall correctly, wasn't this issue associated with an arbitrary
fixed value compiled into snort, or is my memory way off base?

Any suggestings on how to fix this?

Rich