[Snort-users] Demarc Certified Open Signatures

Frank Knobbe frank at ...9761...
Sat Mar 5 09:22:23 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 13:24 -0500, Esler, Joel CNTR/Sytex wrote:
> People (Other companies) are selling Sourcefire's work as the their
> own.  This is an effort to preserve that for 5 days.  It's only 5
> days!  You won't know the difference anyway!

Hey Joel,

I don't think that is completely accurate. The license for resellers is
not linked to the 5 day delay.

Resellers of the Snort software, or other products containing Snort
rules, will have to obtain a reseller license regardless.

The 5 day gap is to encourage sponsorship of the VR Team. This offer
applies to anyone, not just resellers.

I'm sure someone from Sourcefire will correct me if I'm wrong :)

Regards,
Frank