[Snort-users] where to find libpcap

Harper, Patrick Patrick.Harper at ...11593...
Sat Mar 5 05:19:14 EST 2005

http://www.ntsug.org/docs/snort_acid_mandrake.pdf

-----Original Message-----
From: salil ramesh dumbre [mailto:salildumbre at ...3390...]
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2005 11:38 PM
To: Senthil Prabu.S
Cc: Guillermo Padilla; snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: Re: [Snort-users] where to find libpcap

is libpcap-0.8.3 downward compatible ?

since I am very new to linux (Mandrake 9.1),
I need complete step by step guidelines to install snort
could anybody tell me an estimate for that ... if possible
Thanks in advance,

Salil.

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 Senthil Prabu.S wrote :
>Libpcap - .8.3 is the latest stable version. It have lot of fixes when
compared to all previous versions. Please read the CHANGES file for more
details. So it is better to use libpcap-0.8.3.