[Snort-users] where to find libpcap

Patrick S. Harper patrick at ...4250...
Fri Mar 4 05:37:23 EST 2005

I just noticed something, why in the world are you installing snort-1.6.3?
Go to snort.org and get the latest version, they are on 2.3.0.

Patrick S. Harper | CISSP RHCT MCSE
www.internetsecurityguru.com

www.ntsug.org - Snort Users Group

"If there is no light at the end of the tunnel, get down there and light the
dang thing yourself!"

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of William
Fitzgerald
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2005 6:53 AM
To: 'salil ramesh dumbre'; snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] where to find libpcap

I am not sure about mandrake but there should be a command to automatically
downlaod and install libcap. for example:
SUSE: type the command yast -i libpcap
Debian: type command apt-get install libpcap

you could also download the libpcap library and install using the usual:
./configure
make
make install

check http://www.tcpdump.org/