[Snort-users] Sourcefire Tactics - New Licensing

Brian bmc at ...950...
Thu Mar 3 12:17:43 EST 2005

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 08:43:47AM +1300, James Riden wrote:
> Anyone who wants to fork the current sourcecode and rulebase may do
> so, and do their own development.

If you do this, be sure to mind copyrights in addition to the GPL.

Over 50% of the official ruleset was written by me before I started at
Sourcefire.  I am gearing up to send nastygrams to various organizations
that redistribute my work after removing my copyright statements.

Brian