[Snort-users] Demarc Certified Open Signatures

Richard Bejtlich taosecurity at ...11827...
Thu Mar 3 02:59:45 EST 2005

Demarc Security wrote:

>To Bamm's point on copyrights, The details about who wrote/contributed to each
> individual rule is available through our Snort rule description database
> interface at the community portal:
>
> http://snort.demarc.com/signatures/

Hello,

"[D]etails about who wrote/contributed to each individual rule" is not
the same as copyright.  You are not allowed to strip the copyright
notice and replace it with your concept of credit.  I recommend you
notate

# (C) Copyright 2001-2005, Martin Roesch, Brian Caswell, et al.
#    All rights reserved.

everywhere a rule by these authors appears, or you may receive a
letter from the attorneys representing the copyright holders.

Sincerely,

Richard