[Snort-users] Demarc Certified Open Signatures

Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez jkerouac at ...12346...
Thu Mar 3 01:41:38 EST 2005

El mié, 02-03-2005 a las 14:31 -0800, Bob Konigsberg escribió:
> I don't think that's the key point here.  This has already happened with
> Nessus and Snort - that is, people are making money off of their open source
> work, and not giving credit OR cash back to the developers.
>
> It's kind of sad where a few folks spoil it, but both organizations are
> trying hard to stick to their roots - while getting what's due them.
>
> Bob

But remember that one thing it's the license of the rules
and another thing it's the Copyright. You must respect the
copyright even if you can modify the rules because of the
license.

Regards.

--

Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez