[Snort-users] Setting up a database in MySQL

Senthil Prabu.S prabu333 at ...8908...
Tue Mar 1 19:58:02 EST 2005

>Anybody have any documentation on how to setup a snort database in MySQL.
>I have documentation for snort 2.2.0.  But the directions don't match up with snort 2.3.0 .
>For example; mysql -u root -p < /usr/share/doc/snort-2.2.0/contrib/create_mysql snort
>I don't have a contrib directory.

Yes,in the snort -2.3.x branch, you will not find the contrib directory. If you need
updated create_mysql file. Then you can download it from the snort CVS at the
following link;

http://cvs.snort.org/viewcvs.cgi/snort/contrib/Attic/create_mysql

Also, you can use the old mysql setup with the 2.3.0. Snort with not complaint
for errors.

--
Senthil Prabu.S

If you are smart enough to know that you're not smart enough to be an
Engineer, then you're in Business.