[Snort-users] First Meeting of the Open Source Snort Rules Consortium (OSSRC)

Jennifer Steffens jennifer.steffens at ...1935...
Thu Jun 30 20:41:00 EDT 2005

Hey everyone,

After much preparation (ok ok so I have been on the road a ton and am
just now getting back to reality) we are finally kicking off the Open
Source Snort Rules Consortium (OSSRC). As a reminder, the goals of this
group are to:
* Establish metrics and standards for Open Source Snort rule development
and documentation
* Provide a forum for the sharing of research and information for the
development of effective Snort Rules
* Ensure continuous support for a Snort Ruleset licensed under the GPL.

The first meeting will be held on Thursday, July 6th at 12:00pm EDT on
IRC, freenode.net in the #ossrc room.

Agenda items will include:
* An overview of how the OSSRC will run
* Nominations for officers
* Discussion of SID allocation for the various rulesets
* Discussion of sharing rulesets on the various web sites

All are welcome to attend. If your organization is interested in being
formally represented in the OSSRC, please contact me directly.

Thanks,
Jennifer

--
Jennifer Steffens