[Snort-users] Snort inline : Flowbits error

lmarcilly at ...12243... lmarcilly at ...12243...
Mon Jun 27 07:29:23 EDT 2005

Hi,

I work with snort_inline version 2.3.0-RC1 and I download the current rules on http://www.snort.org and convert it into snort_inline rules with snortconfig (http://www.shmoo.com/~bmc/software/snortconfig/)

When i try to run snort_inline, i've got the following error:

ERROR: FLOWBITS ERROR: The number of flowbit IDs in the current ruleset exceed the maximum number of IDs that are allowed

and snort_inline doesn't run.

I saw this article http://www.mcabee.org/lists/snort-users/Mar-05/msg00410.html but i can't update my version of snort because i'm using snort in inline mode.

Do you have any idea? Does a patch exist??

Thanks in advance!

lm.