[Snort-users] OT: Recording IM sessions

Chris Lyon cslyon at ...11827...
Wed Jun 22 10:17:16 EDT 2005

On 6/21/05, Bristol, Gary L. <gbristol at ...10387...> wrote:
> I don't mean to pry on this conversation, which means I will, but unless it's giving up Company secrets, or discussing a commision of a criminal act is there really anything you can legally do about it.

When the person is talking about private issues before public
announcements, that is grounds for termination. That would fall under
company secrets. It wouldn't be criminal unless he was making money
from it. An entirly different conversation.

> Not unless your company policy covers what people can and can not have conversations about.

Most company policy's cover this topic. Schools are mixed from what I
understand. Basically says, our computers, our servers, anything you
do will be monitored and can be used.