[Snort-users] Re: snort-mysql sensors

Mohamed Eldesoky eldesoky.lists at ...11827...
Wed Jun 22 01:08:20 EDT 2005

Thanks for all,
In fact, I have added another interface and IP (for the bridge
interface) during the test.

Will,
I didn't understand what do you mean by Inlinemode().
If you mean snort-inline, I didn't run it (yet)

On 6/21/05, Will Metcalf <william.metcalf at ...11827...> wrote:
> I'm guessing that the IP or name changed because if you are in
> Inlinemode() escapedInterfaceName is always equal to NULL so if we are
> in Inlinemode() we always set escapedInterfaceName = inline.
>
> Regards,
>
> Will
> On 6/21/05, Miner, Jonathan W (CSC) (US SSA)
> <jonathan.w.miner at ...11338...> wrote:
> > If you change the interface, like switching from eth0 to eth1, or change
> the IP address you will end up with multiple sensor entries.  I don't think
> you can fix it via BASE. but you might be able to go into to mysql and
> change the table directly.

Mohamed Eldesoky
www.eldesoky.net
RHCE