[Snort-users] acid/base recovery

John Hally JHally at ...5637...
Mon Jun 6 09:13:16 EDT 2005

Hello All,

I had the unfortunate happen and lost a raid array that housed all of my
alert data for BASE.  I'm in the midst of recovering and it looks like that
the sql files in the BASE tar file are not the only one(s) needed to rebuild
the database.  Is acid's original sql table setup required as well?  Base is
erroring with:

Database ERROR: Table 'snort.iphdr' doesn't exist

It does not exist after I've run:

Mysql -u (user) -p -D snort < create_base_tbls_mysql.sql

The tables have been created and this is what I have in my
/usr/lib/mysql/snort directory:

acid_ag_alert.frm

acid_ag.frm  acid

event.frm