[Snort-users] pid file creation

Senthil Prabu.S prabu333 at ...8908...
Thu Jun 2 02:27:43 EDT 2005

Hi Snorters,
           I am really worried why snort creates pid file under /var/run directory in unix only when run in daemon mode. Is there any reason for this?. I love to see a pid file created when everytime I start snort (in all three modes). I read posts  discussing about having pid in syslogs and /var/log/messages. I think, creating pid under /var/run once snort process started will be really useful.

snort team, are you planning to this in next release?. Or any guys have it already?. If so send it to the list, or let me do it.

--
Senthil Prabu.S