[Snort-users] ACID Dates

nhdave at ...12958... nhdave at ...12958...
Mon Jan 31 05:50:45 EST 2005

Can definitely agree with all the stated reasons in that it is an actively updated and very useful tool to have in one's kit and correct me if I am wrong but BASE now does a 5 minute refresh as well where I don't think ACID did. And that is a very handy feature (IMnsHO) when there are a number of sensors being monitored.
Heck, we just paid BIG bucks at work for an IDS (I'll spare them and not mention which one) and it is so cludgy I'm actually thinking of seeing if I can put BASE on the sensors instead!  ;-)

Michael Steele wrote ..