[Snort-users] MYSQL error even though I used --with-mysql

William Fitzgerald wfitzgerald at ...9307...
Fri Jan 28 01:13:17 EST 2005

Heinrich et al,

I will look into this.

I persumed all snort.conf was doing was passing arguments to the mysql
command line as if I was typing:
mysql -h localhost - u snu -p snort directly to the console.

of course if I type this command into the console I do in fact get access.
so as you say I may need to configure mysql directly to allow arguments from
snort. I followed the book by Rehman "intrusion detection systems with
snort" in chapter 4 that describes mysql integration. but as I said before
maybe its best not to take the instructions as gospel ;-)

anyhow, I will keep you posted.
and Heinrich, thanks for taking the time to help me.
regards,
Will.