[Snort-users] New IPS group test report

twig les twigles at ...131...
Tue Jan 25 13:53:58 EST 2005

Wow, any real reason for that flame?  Not justification -
reason.  I'm glad these tests are available and plan on reading
them.  BTW, guess who looks like the professional and who looks
like the little kid here.

--- SN ORT <snort_on_acid at ...131...> wrote:

> All of which are inferior products when compared to
> real and mature appliances, with centralized
> management  of a whole suite of products
> (network-based, host-based, Scanner, correlation,
> reporting), ..xForce...Guess who? ISS! Those other
> products are dogs. Which one gave you the most money
> Bob? And tsk tsk on you for spamming, from spamcop.net
> no less...
>
> Cheese!
>
> Marc

> > For those who are interested, we just published
> > Edition 2 of our IPS group
> > test report.
> >
> > For this edition we had methodologies for both
> > content-based and rate-based
> > (attack mitigation) IPS - one product was tested
> > against both. Five made it
> > into the final report:

> > Broadweb NetKeeper
> > Fortinet FortiGate
> > SecureSoft Apsolute IPS
> > Top Layer IPS 5500
> >
> > Rate-based:
> > Top Layer IPS 5500
> > V-Secure V-100
> >
> > The report can be viewed on-line (with no pesky
> > registration forms!) at
> > www.nss.co.uk/ips
> >
> > As with Edition 1, the entire report is up there
> > barring only the benchmark
> > results tables.
> >
> > Hope you find it useful
> >
> > Bob Walder
> > The NSS Group

> Reporting
> Tool for open source databases. Create drag-&-drop reports.
> Save time
> by over 75%! Publish reports on the web. Export to DOC, XLS,
> RTF, etc.

=====
With a few exceptions, secrecy is deeply incompatible with
democracy and with science.
     --Carl Sagan
http://www.projectcensored.org/publications/2005/index.html