[Snort-users] SQL Database way too large.

DTC chubeshoi at ...12935...
Fri Jan 21 14:49:02 EST 2005

Hi All.

I just recently got all the components of snort working (apache, php,
mysql, acid, etc.)

But after hooking it up on a monitor port on my core switch, the
database became so big after one night, acid takes over 20 seconds to
load the mainpage!  Is there any script out there or setting that can
help me clear my sql database every night??

Can you suggest anything else?  I have thus since tuned the IDS a little
bit more, but I need to clear out the current hoard of alerts so I can
continue...

-dtc