[Snort-users] Country blocking?

Cilin cilin5 at ...131...
Tue Jan 18 13:29:14 EST 2005

You can check out the Ip-to-country database at
http://ip-to-country.webhosting.info. It isn't perfect
but at least there is the hope of update in the near
future.

If you use it to preemptively block IPs, then you
should consider the chance of blocking someone on
accident. But this is a risk you take with any
non-perfect database. I tried searching for a free and
complete mapping but couldn't find one. If anyone
knows of a flawless free/paid database please let me
know.

-Vents

--- "Donofrio, Lewis" <donofrio at ...1052...> wrote:

> Anything from RIPE.NET could be blocked as far as I
> can tell....
>
> --just my 2 cents.

> Lewis Donofrio at ...1052...      College of Literature,
> Science, & Arts
> 1007 East Huron, Room 201,    BetaID:243340
> Cell: (734) 323-8776
> Ann Arbor,MI 48104-1690 www.umich.edu/~donofrio Fax:
> (734) 647-8333

> ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
> /\         [http://arc.pasp.de/]

=====
Fair-weather friends are no friends at all. If you have done something that some people find distasteful then expect them to tell you so. A true friend will let you know how they feel but respect your right to choose, while a fair-weather friend will judge you by your actions and leave.

"Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is Enlightenment." -Lao Tzu