[Snort-users] Running Snort

S M snort_mail at ...131...
Tue Jan 4 09:01:33 EST 2005

Hi,
I am new to snort and was wondering if anyone could help me with a question i have.  I have a sensor at my house to play with for a course i am taking at school.  The sensor only sniffs when i enter the snort directory and type snort -D -i eth1, once i do this it works fine for about a day then it stops logging to my MySQL database.  Is there a limit to how long the sensor will run?  Also i would like to make it so that the sensor will run like that when the machine is initally started, how do i do that?  I am somewhat new to unix as well but i understand the basics fairly well.

Thanks in advance for the help.