[Snort-users] Help with Snort rule - httpd flood detection

Basselgia, Barry A Mr (NAF Atsugi) BABasselgia at ...12104...
Mon Feb 28 17:39:25 EST 2005

I'd suggest checking out www.bleedingsnort.com.  You may find that they
already have a rule to do what you want and they are usually happy to help
people develop new rules.

Barry

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net]On Behalf Of Scott /
NightStorm
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 5:46 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Help with Snort rule - httpd flood detection

If I knew where to even start, I would do so... why I was hoping for some
help from the list.
So far, I've found nothing, so I'm lost on it.
Thus far, the only content that is consistent throughout the various attacks

are the fact that all the various bots all hit the exact same spot all at
once.. nothing else is consistent from one attack to the next (other than
the sender).