[Snort-users] forwarding between two interfaces : snort doesn't capture anything

Nerijus Krukauskas nk99 at ...10637...
Mon Feb 28 05:54:15 EST 2005

Teva AVRIL wrote:
> hi,
>
> i have two interfaces on a station (under FreeBSD 5.3). i forwarding all
> trafic coming on an interface A to an interface B where i use snort to
> sniff packets on interface B. My problem is that snort doesn't capture
> anything on interface B. I don't use snort on my interface A because it's
> an atm interface (my interface B is an ethernet interface).
>
> Any ideas ?

  Fire up tcpdump on interface B and see if it shows any traffic flowing.

--
http://nk99.org/

... I love treason but hate a traitor. -- Gaius Julius Caesar