[Snort-users] Mapping of Rules to data structures

Madhur Nagar madhurnagar at ...131...
Sun Feb 27 19:59:46 EST 2005

Hi
I wanted to ask 2 things
1. How are the various rules written in the
snort-2.3.0\rules\ *.rules files actually mapped to
the data structures (like RTN and OTNs) in SNORT
2. pls culd someone send me a detailed explanation of
the Activate/dynamic rule pairs
how are the two rules linked. is it thru the number in
the activates and Activated by (which is the same in
all the examples i have gone thru)
please could someone send me some examples of this
rule.
thanks and sorry for the botheration

Regards
Madhur