[Snort-users] Comparison question

Shaun T. Erickson ste at ...11690...
Sun Feb 27 17:28:02 EST 2005

First, I'm not trying to start a religious war. I'm just looking for
information to educate myself with, so I can make the best decision for
*my* organization. That said ...

I am wondering if anyone can give me any idea as to how well, or not, a
Snort installation (of whatever is latest) would compare to using the
IDS/IPS features of my SonicWall firewall (a Pro 4060, running their
latest firmware). I have the firewall, with those features licensed. I
could set up Snort. I'm trying to decide the merits of either decision.

    -ste