[Snort-users] snortsam - iptables problem

Frank Knobbe frank at ...9761...
Sat Feb 26 09:18:57 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 20:08 +0100, lukasz pok wrote:
> Everything is going well, but snortsam doesn't block copmuters.
> In the snortsam logfile I can see something like that:
>
> Error:Command2 /sbin/iptables -I FORWARD -i eth0 -s 192.168.0.2 -j DROP
> Failed

I don't work with iptables, but from that error it appears that you
either don't have iptables in /sbin or you run Snortsam with a user
account that does not have rights to make iptables changes.

Regards,
Frank