[Snort-users] Snort Daemon More Help Needed

Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez jkerouac at ...12346...
Fri Feb 25 14:01:51 EST 2005

El vie, 25-02-2005 a las 16:00 -0500, Jiju Menon escribió:
> 2/24
>
> Hello,
>
> Thanks to Mr. Maria Lopez Hernandez for responding especially for
> clearly pointing the change to me. I am not well versed in scripts.
>
> I did as was advised. When I try to start the service it fails. Is
> there anything more that I should do to get the script running on all
> three interfaces?
>
> Thank you.

You have to send to the list the error that snort gives to you.
If there's an error shown when the script runs and also you
can do a "tail -f /var/log/messages" and then run the script
to see what snort says when it tries to start.

If you post that information we maybe can help you further.

Regards.

--

Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC