[Snort-users] please give me a sugestion

Ks, Mithun (Corporate) Mithun.Ks at ...11834...
Fri Feb 25 05:54:34 EST 2005

Hi,

     I am new to snort. i configured bpf filter and added my trusted ip in that for not to make alerts. the bpf filter is under /etc/snort directory. after that by applying -F option i restarted snort. but  it is not working fine. when i went and check under message file in log directory i can see this message. eth2 left promisciuos mode. i think when i am using bpf filter it is leaving promiscious mode. can anyone give me a suggestion in this to  make it right..........

Regards
Mithun