[Snort-users] snort and clarckconnect gatway

Chris Vaughan chrisv at ...12963...
Thu Feb 24 06:33:01 EST 2005

Add a suppress entry in your threshold.conf

That's the correct way.

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net [mailto:snort-users-admin at ...6193...sts.sourceforge.net]  On Behalf Of Thomas Debost
Sent:	Thursday, February 24, 2005 9:14 AM
To:	snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject:	[Snort-users] snort and clarckconnect gatway

hi,

Snort pinpointed a weird (i think) behaviour.

My CC gateway periodically pings my ADSL router. this small network being
obviously considered as outside, snort raises an alert for each ICMP
packet. This is quite annoying as it is basically false alarm (isn't it?).

multiple solutions now:

1. add the network composed of the router and the external gateway to the
HOME_NETWORK.

2. comment out the correct signatures in /et/snort/icmp-info.rules.

3. block ICMP packets between the router and the gateway.

which one would be your favourite ?

Thanks

Tomdeb