[Snort-users] snort and clarckconnect gatway

Thomas Debost thomas at ...13039...
Thu Feb 24 06:15:41 EST 2005

hi,

Snort pinpointed a weird (i think) behaviour.

My CC gateway periodically pings my ADSL router. this small network being
obviously considered as outside, snort raises an alert for each ICMP
packet. This is quite annoying as it is basically false alarm (isn't it?).

multiple solutions now:

1. add the network composed of the router and the external gateway to the
HOME_NETWORK.

2. comment out the correct signatures in /et/snort/icmp-info.rules.

3. block ICMP packets between the router and the gateway.

which one would be your favourite ?

Thanks

Tomdeb