[Snort-users] Barnyard MySQL client set up

Paul Schmehl pauls at ...6838...
Wed Feb 23 16:17:12 EST 2005

--On Wednesday, February 23, 2005 03:26:50 PM -0800 Wayne Ho
<wenghon828 at ...131...> wrote:

> Dear all:
>
> I am setting Barnyard to write alert to database. I
> first installed MySQL client 4.x, so that Barnyard can
> install successfully. However, when I start barnyard
> --help, I saw error:
> barnyard: error while loading shared libraries:
> libmysqlclient.so.12: cannot open shared object file:
> No such file or directory
>
> This file actually is found under
> ./usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.12
>
> When I compile barnyard, I use --enable-mysql
> --with-mysql-includes and --with-mysql-libraries
> and it ran without errors.
>
> Please give me some advise.

1) What OS are you using?  (If it's FreeBSD, just install the port.  All
the dependencies will be resolved for you.)
2) Usually, when you use the --with-mysql- options, you specify the
location - like this:
--with-mysql-libraries=/usr/local/lib (or whatever the patch actually is)
--with-mysql-includes=/usr/local/include

Paul Schmehl (pauls at ...6838...)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member