[Snort-users] Barnyard MySQL client set up

Wayne Ho wenghon828 at ...131...
Wed Feb 23 15:27:27 EST 2005

Dear all:

I am setting Barnyard to write alert to database. I
first installed MySQL client 4.x, so that Barnyard can
install successfully. However, when I start barnyard
--help, I saw error:
barnyard: error while loading shared libraries:
libmysqlclient.so.12: cannot open shared object file:
No such file or directory

This file actually is found under
./usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.12

When I compile barnyard, I use --enable-mysql
--with-mysql-includes and --with-mysql-libraries
and it ran without errors.

Please give me some advise.

Thanks.

Wayne