[Snort-users] size of data

Martin Roesch roesch at ...1935...
Wed Feb 23 09:12:08 EST 2005

When you configure the stream4 preprocessor you can include a
"keepstats" directive in the config line to generate a summary file
with flow statistics.  Then all you need to do is use a BPF filter at
the command line to get summaries of TCP traffic between those two
machines.

For example:
(snort.conf)
preprocessor stream4: keepstats

then

snort -c snort.conf host w.x.y.z and host a.b.c.d

      -Marty