[Snort-users] How to configure snort service to send snmp alerts?

Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez jkerouac at ...12346...
Wed Feb 23 03:07:22 EST 2005

El mié, 23-02-2005 a las 11:48 +0200, Juan Fernandez escribió:

> Hi,
>
>  I want to configure the sensors to send a snmp trap when snort
> service goes down.
>
> or send to me an Email
>
> Is it possible to to that?
>

> thanks very much.

If you just want an email to be sent you can use
Nagios to monitor the process and send you a email when
the process it's not running.

But if you need SNMP then you have to configure a
SNMP agent in the machine and some kind of script
that checks the running process or the logs and
tell the agent to send a SNMP trap when it detects
the snort process death.

Regards.

--

Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez