[Snort-users] Exporting alerts to emails.

Senthil Prabu.S prabu333 at ...8908...
Sun Feb 20 21:25:30 EST 2005

Hi,
> Hi i am new to snort. I am currently configuring snort to send alerts
> out to my email. But nothing is working. Can anyone guide me and tell
> me how to export alerts to my email. Thanks.

I would recommend you to use Swatch to send snort alerts as emails.
Also I have already posted the steps involved in configuring swatch with
snort on this list. You can refer that,

Link to my post on snort-swatch configuration;
http://www.security-express.com/archives/snort/2004-09/0067.html
Also you can google about snort alerts -email, because already a lot
have been discussedon this list.

Hope this helps.

--
Senthil Prabu.S

If you are smart enough to know that you're not smart enough to be an
Engineer, then you're in Business.