[Snort-users] suppresing events from private lan

hans rosa.schwein at ...12989...
Wed Feb 16 23:05:41 EST 2005

hi matt

thanks for response.
i didn't set HOME_NET in the config-file, as i do start
snort with -h option.
so the following should work for:

var HOME_NET $bge0_ADDRESS [172.20.1.0/24]
var EXTERNAL_NET !$HOME_NET

bge0 is the plumbed interface up and running
and bge2 is the if, where snort ist listening.
therefore i would start snort with -i bge2 and without -h
ok?

best regards
hans