[Snort-users] Snort+Mysql

Paul Schmehl pauls at ...6838...
Wed Feb 16 21:46:34 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Senthil Prabu.S" <prabu333 at ...8908...>
To: "Snort IDS" <seguranca_snort at ...6873...>;
<snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 10:02 PM
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Snort+Mysql

Hi,
>checking for mysql... yes

>Upon compiling I get the following error message:
>/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(my_compress.o)(.text+0xbc): In function
>`my_compress_alloc":
>: undefined reference to `compress"
>/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(my_compress.o)(.text+0x13a): In function
>`my_uncompress":
>: undefined reference to `uncompress"hints

The linker is unable to resolve certain compression routines needed by the
MySQL client library. Add "-lz" to the "LIBS" variable in the Makefile.

Or run ./configure --help and look at your options.  You can most likely
build the port with something like this:
./configure --with_mysql --with_mysql_libs=/usr/local/lib (or whereever your
libs are)

Sometimes even this will work:
./configure --with_mysql=yes

Paul Schmehl (pauls at ...6838...)