[Snort-users] mysql and snort problem

Rob Baxter rbaxter at ...13031...
Wed Feb 16 21:08:45 EST 2005

Mysql changed the password hashing alogrithm starting with version 4.1.
Your version of snort was likely built against an older version of the
mysql client. There are several options to resolve the problem, the
easiest is probably resetting the users password and using the
OLD_PASSWORD function to force mysql to use an old (pre-4.1) style
authentication hash. See the link below for more detail and other options...

http://www.devshed.com/c/a/MySQL/Troubleshooting-Problems-with-MySQL-Programs/2/