[Snort-users] Anybody had this error?

John Ceballos-contr John.Ceballos-contr at ...9411...
Tue Feb 15 09:28:31 EST 2005

Hello all!

I have this sensor who yesterday wasn't shutdown properly due to a
power shortage in the building. We got it up today and the sensor looks
like it is operating well but I have the snort.conf on the listening
interface complaining when I do a
/usr/local/bin/snort -i eth0 -c /var/snort.eth0/snort.conf

The error I get after I do this is
database:     sensor id = 2
database: schema version = 106
database: using the "log" facility
ERROR: ruletype redalert does not exist or has already been ordered.
Fatal Error, Quitting..

I have done the following troubleshooting steps:
ifconfig eth0 down and up
reboot the sensor
renamed the snort.conf
copied over via Policy Manager a new snort.conf

Has anyone had this problem? Thanks.