[Snort-users] Multiple IP addresses or use of variables in threshold.conf using SUPPRESS

Tue Feb 15 00:59:13 EST 2005

--On 14 February 2005 10:12 -0600 Eric Hines <eric.hines at ...8860...>
wrote:

> I am having trouble specifying more than one IP in a suppress line in the
> threshold.conf. We've got to suppress 16 IP addresses and can't use a
> CIDR. Does anyone know if its possible to
>
> A) Specify a variable which contains a [ ] of multiple Ips

Yup; see $AIM_SERVERS in the standard config for an example.

> B) Specify more than one IP separated by comma's in a single suppress
> line?

It would seem not, from the manual (p.39ish)

Best Regards,
Alex.