[Snort-users] new user - snort is not droping pacekts

lokesh.khanna at ...13040... lokesh.khanna at ...13040...
Mon Feb 14 23:52:52 EST 2005

Hi

I have just installed Snort 2.3.0RC2 on Enterprise Redhat with ACID.

I am using webmin to manage rules. I have used Manhunt and Real Secure
before. I am using snort 1st time.

I can see lots of Alert in ACID Console. But I do not understand how
Snort will drop the packet if it is matching any rule.

In Real Secure I used to define action for each rule. How can I do same
here?

Is there any other tool to manage rules?

Thanks in advance

LK