[Snort-users] Remote sensor startup issue.

mdpeters michael.peters at ...10939...
Mon Feb 14 13:40:16 EST 2005

I have a remote Snort sensor that upon system boot, will not start the Snort
process. This system is configured to send it's alert data to a central
snort system's MySQL database. I can run the same startup script and it all
works fine. I have tried moving the start order without success. I assume
this does not start because of the remote database connection.

Does anyone have a tip for fixing this? Do I need to run MySQL on the remote
system as well and log to both?

Best regards,

Michael