[Snort-users] snort and mysql issues

Jacques Brierre jbrierre at ...12536...
Mon Feb 14 12:45:52 EST 2005

Sure you have invoked the version you compiled?
Did you have a previous 'canned' version?

Meaning no insult... this happenned to me.

jacques
---

james smith <jsmith021961 at ...131...>
Sent by: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
02/14/2005 03:35 PM

snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
cc

Subject
[Snort-users] snort and mysql issues

I recently tried to upgrade a working
snort-2.2.0/mysql/acid installation to a
snort-2.3.0/mysql/base installation.

mysql version was 4.0.21

I moved the previous snort install, config files, etc
and compiled the new snort version by typing:
# ./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql
# make
# make install

It worked, and the configure script said:
checking for mysql... yes

I then tried to run snort by typing:
# /usr/local/bin/snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf -i
eth0 -g snort

I got this error message:
------------------------------------
database: configured to use mysql
database: 'mysql' support is not compiled into this
build of snort

ERROR: If this build of snort was obtained as a binary
distribution (e.g., rpm,
or Windows), then check for alternate builds that
contains the necessary
'mysql' support.

If this build of snort was compiled by you, then
re-run the
the ./configure script using the '--with-mysql'
switch.
For non-standard installations of a database, the
'--with-mysql=DIR'
syntax may need to be used to specify the base
directory of the DB install.

See the database documentation for cursory details
(doc/README.database).
and the URL to the most recent database plugin
documentation.
Fatal Error, Quitting..
This sucked, so I moved /usr/local/mysql and mysql
config files, etc. and recompiled & installed a brand
new mysql instance of 4.0.21

Same thing - same error message.

I'm compiling the latest stable mysql to go with
latest stable snort, but while it's running I figured
I would post here.

Any tips or hints would be apprciated.