[Snort-users] thresholding by src and dst

Hugo hchlai at ...2792...
Mon Feb 14 08:20:35 EST 2005

Is it possible to do any thresholding (like limit, threshold & suppress) based on unique sets of source and destination IPs? If I understand correctly, Snort only allows me to do thresholding based on the following:

allow $X number of alerts per $Y amount of time either based on source and destination IP

or

allow 1 count every $X number of alerts within $Y amount of time based on source or destination IP

Are there any other options out there to do thresholding?
Many thanks!

Hugo

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.